At times, unanticipated expenses or unforeseen problems can leave you with too little cash in your checking account. Having a check returned or a debit card transaction rejected due to insufficient funds can be costly, inconvenient and a potentially embarrassing experience. At First National Bank, we do not encourage overdrafts. We always want our customers to manage their finances responsibly. We do, however, want to save you from the additional merchant fees and possible damage to your credit history that might result if a check is returned. That's why we offer several options for overdraft coverage.
- Overdrafts to your personal checking account are paid on a non-contractual courtesy basis as long as your account remains in good standing.
- Available for all personal checking accounts in good standing 30 days after account opening.
- Your account will be charged $30 for each item that causes an overdraft up to a daily maximum of $150. There is no annual fee.
- For more information, refer to our Customer Overdraft Policy.
Overdraft Savings Transfer
- Overdrafts to your personal checking account are covered by transfer of available funds from your linked savings account.
- You must have an active statement savings or premium savings account to link to your personal checking account.
- If you overdraw your checking account, First National Bank will transfer funds from your linked savings account in order to bring your checking account to a zero balance.
- A $5 per day transfer fee will be assessed to your linked savings account any day that an overdraft savings transfer occurs. There is no annual fee for this service.
Overdraft Protection Line of Credit
- Overdrafts to your personal checking account are covered by transfer of available funds from your linked line of credit.
- Personal lines of credit are loans and are subject to credit approval.
- If you overdraw your checking account, First National Bank will transfer funds in $50 increments from your line of credit in order to bring your checking account balance to a zero or positive balance.
- A 16% APR and a $35 annual fee apply. A charge of $10 or 5% (whichever is less) may apply to any late payments.
For more information, click here to view the brochure or call 800.564.3195 to speak with a Phone Banking Consultant.